I’m mostly posting this here for ease of finding it in the future. It seems like most people prefer to disable CTRL+ALT+DEL instead of actually allowing the Synergy service to initiate the Secure Attention Sequence (aka: CTRL+ALT+DEL).
Since the location of the Policy setting changes from Win7 to Win8, I’m going to tell you how to search/filter for it. From the client, follow these steps:
- Lauch Local Group Policy Editor
- Browse to: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > All Settings
- Click Action > Filter Options, from the Main Menu.
- Check the box to Enable Keyword Filters.
- Filter for the word: Ease
- Click: OK
The only (as of the time of this writing) policy that should show up is Disable or enable software Secure Attention Sequence. Edit the policy and ensure the settings are:
- Options: Services
(Note: Services and Ease of Access applications will also work.)
Once you click Apply, the settings will take affect. Press CTRL+ALT+PAUSE/BREAK to initiate the Secure Attention Sequence on the client.